East Side Union High School District (ESUHSD) processes all pre-qualification applications through PlanetBids. PlanetBids is a web-based online application, free, fast, simple, safe, and easy to use. Pre-qualification applications must be received (PCC 20111.6) a minimum of ten (10) calendar days prior to bid opening, and contractors must be pre-qualified a minimum of five (5) calendar days prior to bid opening. ESUHSD is unique and looks forward to establishing a successful working relationship with our Contractors.
Before getting started, read and fill out: Pre-qualification Supplemental Questionnaire, you will be requested to upload this questionnaire with your application in PlanetBids along with:
- Current Year Financials
- Surety Bonding
- Certificate of Insurance
- Letter from Financial Institution
- Apprenticeship Program Statements
To apply, gather the approved documents, please follow the simple steps below:
- Sign up at PlanetBids website and submit your pre-qualification application online.
- Submit your application and along with your supplemental documents at PlanetBids.com.
- Once approved, you will receive an email indicating your approval, expiration date, and limit (if applicable).
- Click here to view the Prequalification Appeal Procedure
- Click here to view our current Bond Projects
Contractors who have a login can access the pre-approved list of pre-qualified businesses under the “Certified Vendors” tab.
ESUHSD has always required General Contractors to be pre-qualified on all Bond Construction Contracts. In order to comply with California Assembly Bill AB 1565, which went into effect on January 1, 2014, we require all M/E/P Subcontractors to also be pre-qualified.
This applies to the following license classifications:
- General Contractors (A and B)
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Subcontractors (C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, and C-46)
If you have any questions regarding the Prequalification or CUPCCAA process, please contact Sharon House at email@example.com or (408) 347-5080. In addition, you may also contact support at PlanetBids with questions regarding the website or for technical support.